Saturday, October 22, 2022

October 20, 2022

Small group was coming tonight, so I put up some bread dough this morning, then baked a zucchini cake. While it was in the oven I took a walk to get in my exercise. It’s getting milder and warmer, so it was a pleasure. I made it to Rice Creek before having to turn around and get the cake out of the oven.





A bit tired, so I lay down a while and then Phil and I got the house ready for people—about ten of us altogether. Luella and Tyler, Sterling, Andrew, Julie and Michael, and Phil and me. Plus little tiny Michael. So that’s nine. I had made chicken noodle soup, homemade bread, and zucchini chocolate cake. Which didn’t turn out light and fluffy like the last one, but more like brownies. Oh well. We had a good meeting and talked about the first half of Matthew 8. They are serious and sincere about their faith, which I love.

No writing done today. I don’t feel good about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 19, 2022

 Saturday. Neal and Paul had a Lego derby at church this morning, so they came over for waffles and to put finishing touches on their cars. ...