I slept in till 6:30 this morning—lovely to get in long, deep sleep several nights in a row. Feeling bright mentally, I tackled the monthly memory challenge for my Apple Watch research and think I did quite well. Funny how one watches one’s memory much more closely at this age. Most of the time I feel pretty sharp, but occasionally there are fuzzy hours or even days. Playing the piano seems to sharpen up my brain. I often do that before sitting down to write.
Swimming next—I am trying to do this every other day, since it’s a quick way to burn through the 700 calories/day. This makes me tired and sleepy for the rest of the day, however. Hopefully that will improve. I usually make to to the pool 45 minutes before the 9:00 old lady swimming class, which gives me just enough time to get my three sets of exercises in. They all give me the eagle eye, warning me nonverbally that I’m not supposed to be in the pool during their class. I always climb out just before the music starts, at the stroke of 9, feeling I have won a minor victory. Why do we act that way? We are all children.
Phil and I worked out finances the rest of the morning, and then I made two batches of roasted tomato salsa and a big pot of enchilada sauce, all now bagged, labeled, and in the freezer. Still a lot of tomatoes to go:
I figure about two more batches of green salsa, one of enchilada sauce, and some good eating tomatoes (most of them are from Rick’s garden and are super delicious).
I also made a batch of dog food for Ernie and started a pot of chicken noodle soup for small group tomorrow night.
Talked with Rachel on the phone today. She’s struggling with the loss of a cabin she had hoped to buy. Tough. I bought tickets to fly out there in mid-November with Phil.
To bed early (before 8:00). It’s wonderful to feel drowsy and actually go to sleep within 15 minutes of climbing into bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment