Monday. A lovely, lovely sleep last night—about nine hours. Deep and restful, with both windows open a crack and cold, fresh air over my cheeks, with the rest of me snuggled under the warm blue blanket. I love my bed….
After devotions, I decided to run. I haven’t done so in at least a month, and it was a chilly 26 degrees, but I went anyway, dressed almost too warmly. I had to take my gloves off partway through. Ran the south loop to the bridge and back, a little over two miles, and felt quite good. My time wasn’t so good—almost 15 minutes for the first mile, and over 16 minutes for the second. About my fastest walking speed. Oh well, I want to enjoy it too.
After weights and stretching, I showered and ate breakfast, then dug into writing. I have made strides in revising the beginning of Freya’s story, so that I know where it’s taking her. I worked for a couple of hours, then went with Phil to Menard’s to look at their selection of bathroom items. Found a great sink that is below budget, so we can spend more on the shower and door.
Tried writing later in the afternoon but my legs ached from running, so lay down for a while, then tried to clean out the fridge for dinner (we leave for Seattle on Weds.). Began reading a book from the library (The Last Cuenista), which is good enough to keep reading. Made some of Ernie’s dog food for when we’re gone, then read in bed until I fell asleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment