I girded my loins and went swimming this morning and was rewarded with burning 400 calories after just 35 minutes of pool exercise. How does my Apple Watch know that? Ran to Trader Joe’s afterward for cilantro (salsa!) and face lotion (vital!), then came home and collapsed. Was asleep in the chair by the time Phil came home from the gym, and then I crawled into bed in my study and slept another hour. This is what I call “listening to my body.” Still must be getting over this flu thing. Phil says condescendingly, “I seem to recover from getting sick more quickly than you do.” Then, a few hours later, he’s hacking up phlegm and sneezing. Ha.
I did rouse myself to make dog food and beef vegetable soup this afternoon. My neighbor Rick had given me buckets of hot peppers, so I chopped up two tiny red ones and threw them in the pot as well. Yikes! Heat from…well, you know where. I’ll have to invite Neal over for lunch tomorrow to help me finish it.
The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent on the couch, looking out of the front window
and trying to figure out how to sharpen the focus on Freya’s story, my current WIP. I know I want to keep the same theme—connection—but she needs bigger goals and problems. And how to make it magical realism while still reflecting about God? The silver penning is there; now how to use it? Puzzled over that through the early evening, then felt sleep descend like a weighted blanket and was in bed by 8:00, not even needing to read a book before falling asleep. That’s what I love most about coming home from Europe. I can sleep at night.


No comments:
Post a Comment