Tuesday, November 1, 2022

October 27, 2022

Today got last-minute prep done for Paul and Del’s arrival mid-afternoon. Managed a walk with Ernie in the morning, and was refreshed by the soft, muted colors of our neighbors’ trees, which reminded me of autumnal walks in England this time of year. 



I prepared my chicken and rice with garlic-Parmesan sauce for dinner, with a big salad. It was wonderful to see Paul and Del and Misty again after so long, Everyone settled in, and we ate quickly, so that Phil and I could make it to our small group meeting at 6:30 at Tyler and Luella’s home. She had venison soup, and I brought homemade bread. It was a good meeting. Home by 9:30, and found Paul and Del and Misty watching All Creatures Great and Small (the new series on PBS). Such a warm and absorbing series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

November 19, 2022

 Saturday. Neal and Paul had a Lego derby at church this morning, so they came over for waffles and to put finishing touches on their cars. ...