Saturday, November 5, 2022

November 5, 2022

Saturday. Fixed Paul his usual waffle and whipped cream breakfast. He is so good, such a delight to have around. After breakfast, he practiced his music lesson on Phil’s keyboard. Amazing that he actually enjoys practicing.



Phil and I raked leaves after breakfast, while Paul played with the dogs and goofed around with the ice from the bird bath. Then I took Paul to Menards, Costco, and Target. We picked up grocery items for the church’s Thanksgiving food baskets. At home again, Paul played with his new Hot Wheels car and dragon launcher, making a complicated racetrack out of pillows, game boxes, magazines, and dominoes in the living room. After turkey soup for lunch, I managed a nap while Phil read Paul his graphic novel about Sherlock Holmes. Then Phil went down for a nap while I cleared the living room with Paul, then put him on the iPad while I raked more leaves. A cold, misty day. I tried to dry my sheets on the line, but they just got damper, so I finally put them in the dryer.

Dinner was roast chicken and leftover mashed potatoes, and then we watched The Sword in the Stone. Paul fell asleep almost immediately afterward, clutching his Hot Wheels launcher. And I caught up on a week’s worth of this blog. No other writing today. Hopefully will get some done tomorrow, as we leave for Seattle on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 19, 2022

 Saturday. Neal and Paul had a Lego derby at church this morning, so they came over for waffles and to put finishing touches on their cars. ...