Tuesday. I swam this morning and still felt energy throughout the day, so I must be over this virus. No more blowing my nose or hacking up phlegm. What else did I do today?
After the gym, shopped for groceries at Trader Joes, in preparation for Paul and his family coming on Thursday. (Must make list of meals.) Came home and cleaned out fridge before putting all groceries away. (I hate cleaning the fridge.) Made a big pot of Mexican chicken veg soup. Can use it for a lunch when Paul is here. Played about ten games of Sudoku on my phone. Conquered yet another Wordle challenge. Tackled the bag of apples I got from Neal’s trees. Peeled and cut them, then made two apple crisps and a pot of applesauce. Brought one apple crisp over to Neal and Estee’s.
Also made two jars of dilly beans, after running to Aldi’s and Cub to pick up white vinegar and fresh dill. We can use them for early Thanksgiving dinner, if they turn out. Must make menu list for Thanksgiving, though will probably wait for Paul.
We have close to 20 people coming on Saturday for an early Thanksgiving dinner, so I picked up two frozen turkeys at Kowalski’s (12 pounds each) yesterday, at about $35 each. Then today at Aldi’s I saw frozen Butterball turkeys for $1.59/lb. Big ones. Shoot.
One other accomplishment—have given some more thought to Freya’s story while listening to Lorin’s talk on scene structure, and also while reading
Writing Kid Lit, which is just as inspiring and helpful as a week-long seminar on writing. Great, great book.
No comments:
Post a Comment